Table of Contents
Best Air Purifier – Top 10 Air Purifier Reviews
With rising levels of indoor pollution and marvels of modern innovation in technology, air purifiers have already become a fundamental appliance in various countries. It is, regardless of the fact where one is inhibited of the houses being situated – in an industrial location or the rural environment, in the midst of an active town or whatsoever in the polluted environment or not.
Perhaps you have already realized the paybacks that come in various aspects of health, well-being, and quality of lifestyle with this investment and I can hence, conclude your reasons for ending up reading this.
As demands increases for air purifiers, a lot of brands have come up with their appliances in this line. There is a lot of companies manufacturing air purifiers these days and the most prominent names are Panasonic, Honeywell, Whirlpool, Phillips, IQAir, Sharp, Hamilton, Breath Air, etc.
each having their unique features and expected pros and cons. It is understandable as the surplus of air purifiers available on the market today can leave one feeling perplexed. And rightly so, one would be since so many purifying techniques exist that cannot be counted on fingers.
Choosing an Air Purifier
If you’ve gone the route of insulating your home for energy conservation, you’ve probably experienced the beneficial effect it has on your wallet. However, believe it or not, there’s a downside to this. While you’re trapping heat (or cold) inside your home, you’re also keeping various odors, pollutants and other airborne allergens in. Many people have found a solution to this problem in a simple air purifier. But there are different solutions, as there isn’t a one-fits-all solution. This article is going to address the different systems that can be installed depending on their efficiency, price and other factors.
If you’ve already got forced air heating or air-conditioning installed in your home, the most efficient way of purifying the air in your home would be to install a filtering unit to your setup. The downside to this is that the filtering module itself costs around $1,000 and that’s without installation.
If you don’t have such a system to begin with, do not despair because there are inexpensive portable units capable of purifying large volumes of air quickly. Ones that do a particularly good job are the air purifiers equipped with HEPA filters. HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air filter and they are capable of removing almost all of the allergens and pollutants from the air.
Next thing to consider is the size of the room. It is pretty simple, really. The bigger room the larger the air purifier. You don’t want to put a small capacity air purifier into a large room because it will not process the air quickly enough.
Noise levels are also a factor when choosing an air purifier and are tied to the size of the air purifier versus the size of the room. If you put a small air purifier in a large room, you’ll have to set it to high-speed for it to process the air well.
Ideally, you want to buy an air purifier that has a slightly larger capacity then the size of the room it is going to be occupying. That way it’ll be able to clean the air in that room al lower fan speeds and noise levels.
There are also electrostatic air purifiers on the market, however they do emit some ozone into the air and are not suitable for people suffering from asthma and other respiratory diseases. If you should opt for an electrostatic air purifier, you should choose one that releases 50 parts per billion or less ozone into the air since research has shown that these amounts are safe for human health.
Hopefully, this article was helpful for those of you who wish to obtain one of these units. You can now return to the home page and read various air purifier reviews available on Amazon.com which have the highest customer ratings.
While there are plenty of air purifiers in the market, you can choose one for yourself considering all the pros and cons of each product.
Each of the air purifiers out there in the market come with their own special or added features that make them stand out from the rest. However, if the market sale and expert opinions are taken into account, there are a few brands that take away the limelight in the business when compared to the rest.
Again, while each of the air purifiers comes with of their separate set of distinct features, we cannot assume them to have only the pros and not the cons.
Here are my top 10 picks with their pros and cons that may help you in choosing your air purifier and help you in making your smart investment:
GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA Filter, UV-C Sanitizer, Allergen and Odor reduction, 22-inch air purifier
Germ Guardian develops and sells products for mass retailers. Its air purifiers are available online at mass merchants like Walmart, Target, Lowe’s, Best Buy, and Amazon. Gemguardian provides high selling air purifiers with prices range from $80 to $500.
- Germ Guardian comes in a 3 in 1 air cleaning system that includes:
- True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of microscopic allergens, dust and mold spores down to 0.3 microns in size which is the optimal filter for people who suffer from allergies or asthma
- Pre Filter and Charcoal Filter combined with Odor filter captures large particles like dust and pet fur, as well as destroy unwanted stench.
- Integrated UV-C Light technology works to help kill airborne viruses and bacteria while Titanium Dioxide is activated by the UV-C light to decompose odor molecules caused by smoking, cooking, and pets.
- Very helpful for people with allergy, sinus or other respiratory problems.
- Works perfectly for a medium sized room.
- Easily portable
- Easy setup procedure.
- Comes with an indicator light so one can always know when to change out filters to keep the purifier running at optimal levels.
- Quiet operation keeps the noise minimum.
- One common drawback of this purifier is that it makes a little noise when it is turned onto its highest speed.
- The UV light can be a bit sensitive to some people the during night and has to be turned off.
- It is rated CADR 100+
Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier
Honeywell is a mass-market brand available at merchant giants, including Walmart and Target, and widely online. Honeywell provides a number of varieties in air purifiers with price range varying between USD 100-200. With many high-selling and highly rated modals, a number of Honeywell Air Purifiers make it to my best purifiers list. First off, being the 50250-S.
- The 50250-S includes has a 360 degree air intake for maximum performance. Efficiency
- Added with Features a carbon pre-filter which that prolongs the filter life by removing large particles prior to entering the before they can enter the HEPA filter. and helps reduce common odors.
- Intelli-Check™ Electronic Filter Indicator eliminates guess work—reminds you when to replace change or clean your filters.
- SurroundSeal Technology helps minimizes air leaks and insure that.
- Certified for use in rooms up to 390 sq. ft.
- Cost effective HEPA filters.
- Its certified CADR ratings are: 250 for smoke, 250 for dust, 250 for pollen
- Up to 35% quieter than similar models.
- A bit louder than expected.
- Not apt for usage for a small room.
- Larger and heavier than most.
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300
- A quiet inbuilt fan that pulls room air into the unit, circulates it and filters the air several times an hour.
- The air subsequently passes through an odor absorbing pre-filter to help reduce unpleasant odors and capture large particles like dust, pet fur or dander.
- The air passes through highly effective True HEPA filters that capture up to 99.97% of particles, 0.3 microns or larger, from the air that passes through the filters.
- Cleaner, fresher air is released back into the room.
- Energy Star Qualified
- Automatic shut-off timer, 2, 4, or 8 hours.
- Can the cover larger area up to 465 sq. ft.
- Ensures circulation of es room air up to 5 times each hour per hour.
- Suitable for medium to large rooms.
- CDR rated: 300
- excellent at removing dust and allergens
- Killing germs and reducing household odors.
- Covers large area up to 465 sq. ft.
- Does not take up more space.
- Quieter even when switched to different modes.
- The only drawback about this purifier is that the air filters are expensive.
- Filter replacement is more often.
Levoit Air Purifier Filtration
Levoit solely aims at improving overall health and wellbeing and there’s no wonder why it is one of my picks. This brand has a number of products available in this line while and also makes its way to one of the most highly rated air purifiers with its LV-H132 modal.
- Nano-silver pre-filter technology captures airborne bacteria, pet dander, mold and fungi.
- 100 % ozone free. It does not use ozone or ion.
- Activated Carbon filters keep away unwanted odors from pets, smoking and cooking dwelling around your living spaces
- Comes with 3 filtration stages which is apt for people who suffer from allergies, nasal stuffiness
- Well suited for a medium sized room, covering an area up to 300 sq. ft.
- Compact but powerful unit. Its unique size makes it perfect to fit in any small interior or office space.
- Convenient to be placed in smaller spaces.
- Small and quiet air purifier.
- Easily portable and very easy to be set up.
- Comes with adjustable night light settings.
- Mechanical noise during initial set up that subsidies later after frequent use.
- Not suitable for larger rooms.
O-Ion B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer (with UV-C Sanitizer)
One of the top selling air purifiers from O-Ion Technologies is the B-1000. Made with eco-friendly design, it is well designed to save energy. Though it produces ozone in a little quantity, it continues to be a top selling item maintaining a 3.8 stars. It is a good recommendation for those not suffering from respiratory issues.
- Comes Equipped with ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) technology that o sanitize the air and is backed by carbon filtration which to reduce unwanted odors, backed by and electrostatic purification technique that helps in elimination of get rid of airborne pollutants.
- Permanent Electrostatic Dust Collector Rod which is easy to be taken out removes and cleaned.
- UV-C ultraviolet light helps getting rid of germs and bacteria to sanitize the air.
- Night light function comes along with controllable on/off switches.
- Equipped with Ionic technology that g: Generates negative ions (O1) which to removes pollutants and particles that can go as small as 0.01 microns (0.4 micro inches) from the air. O3 (ozone): <0.05 ppm.
- Power: includes 12W, 110V AC up to to 12V DC adapter included.
- 2 fan speeds are provided:: Low (quiet for sleeping), High (for increased air circulation).
- Cost effective air purifier
- Low powered air purifier
- No need to change filters.
- Easy to wash charcoal filter
- Works perfectly well for small rooms up to the area of 100 sq. ft.
- Produces a small amount of ozone (0.05 ppm) which can affect the health of those who are prone to respiratory health issues.
- Not suitable for a very large space.
- Does not remove all the particles.
Hamilton Beach True Air (Allergen-Reducing)
Who doesn’t know the brand Hamilton when it comes to appliances? Like all of their various fine products, Hamilton has a good range of air purifiers within pocket-friendly range. While having a pet is easy, dealing with the fur shedding of our fur friends surely isn’t! There are many air purifiers that deal with dust and pollutants effectively but not all can totally help with fur shedding and dander. Hamilton proves a complete air protection for pet owners from fur and odor of pets, at a very cost efficient range.
- High-performance filter can takes capture pet hair and, dander along and with minor air-borne particulates as small as 3 microns
- Come with two2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters that eliminate pet odors
- Permanent, 99% HEPA-grade permanent filter that can be vacuum cleaned. – simply vacuum clean
- Ultra-Quiet operating. Operation
- Effective performance up to for 140 sq. ft. foot rooms
- Three3 speed levels
- Covers larger area up to 140 sq. ft.
- Compact size
- Ultra quiet
- Can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Fine filter that captures dust particles as well as the pet hair and larger particles.Filters are easy to open and clean.
- Does not have a light indicator to indicate when the filter needs to be cleaned.
- The efficacy declines with age of the carbon inserts and requires frequent changing (3 months).
Honeywell (HFD-120-Q) Quiet Clean Tower Air
- Permanent filtration effectively removes up to 99% of airborne allergens (2 microns or larger).
- The HFD-120-Q captures up to 18 times more pollutants than ionic air purifiers and effectively circulating the air up to five5 times an hour.
- On/off oscillation controls
- LED touch button control panel comes with three speeds.
- ARB Certified to comply with federal ozone emissions limit
- Perfect solution for a medium sized room covering an area up to 170 sq. ft.
- CADR Ratings: Dust CADR: 100, Smoke CADR: 110, Pollen CADR: 132
- Consists of washable filters and operates noiselessly.
- Energy star rated
- Easily washable Filter
- Device turns alarm light indicator turns on automatically on whenever the filter is blocked or Clogged
- Discoloration in permanent filters after cleaning.
- A bit high priced air purifier.
Hamilton Beach TrueAir (Allergen-Reducing and Ultra Quiet) Air Cleaner Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter (04386A)
Another purifier model from Hamilton that which makes it way to my top picks10 list is the Hamilton Beach TrueAir Allergen-reducing Ultra Quiet Air Cleaner Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter (04386A). While this range does not have many latest features like latest air purifiers, it definitely has its distinct features for which it was not only voted 2013’s cheapest best air purifier but even in 2017 continues to have a 4.2-star rating!
While this range does not have many latest features like latest air purifiers, it definitely has its distinct features for which it was not only voted 2013’s cheapest best air purifier but even in 2017 continues to have a 4.2-star rating!
- HEPA-grade filter within the HEPA Hamilton Beach True Air Allergen Reducer.
- Permanent HEPA-grade filter removes airborne allergens
- Economical air purifier for domestic use
- Permanent filters do not need replacement.
- Effective performance for rooms covering an area up to 160 sq. ft.
- Compact and quiet
- Works horizontally and also vertically, hence blending into the home décor.
- Comes along with a light indicator that helps one know when the filter requires cleansing.to let you know when the filter needs to be cleaned
- Stronger settings are a bit louder but bearable
Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K
Renowned brand Whirlpool too isn’t far behind when it comes to air purifiers. Apart from its other available models, the one that stands out is Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K.
While it’s may seem a bit overpriced than many brands available today in the market, it definitely has its own reasons as to why it makes itself a 4.3 star rated product!
- Filters Capable of filtering air 4.8 time every per hour within a 500 square feet area room.
- Quiet action with and easy to operate use electronic controls.
- True HEPA (0.3 micron) filtration system.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CEDR) is 315
- Four fan 4 Fan speed levels along with, plus sleep+ and turbo modes.
- Does not require frequent changing of HEPA filters
- Charcoal filters are easily replaceable
- Noiseless at sleep mode
- Makes a little sound while turned to higher settings
- Not very effective in removing odor in some cases.
IQAir HealthPro+ Plus Air Purifier
Just as the name implies, this air purifier from IQAir is very effective, especially for those who suffer from respiratory issues like asthma or have problems relating to sinus, congestion or allergic to particles in the air.
This is a great choice even if it can seem a bit unsympathetic towards your pocket but a look at the pros and cons and also a comparison of the features with units in similar price range makes this air purifier a really smart and thoughtful investment.
- The HyperHEPA filter and four-state filtration system in this air purifier work to remove ultrafine particles as small as 0.003 microns
- Best choice for Asthma and Allergy sufferer
- Patented HyperHEPA® filtration that makes this purifier up to 100X more effective than standard HEPA
- Long filter life with LED display to indicate 4 stages of the filter life-cycle
- It’s now the quietest high-performance air purifier in the world.
- Energy efficient. Uses no more power than a conventional light bulb
- Costly unit
- Costly replacement filters
- Heavier than most of the units available and also larger in size.
While these are only some of the best air purifiers in today’s market, the list is definitely not exhaustible. There are for each price range or location-wise and various other factors, best-recommended air purifiers in the market. I hope the above list will help you to make your decision in selecting the best air purifier to create a happy home that with healthier, breathable and enjoyable environment.