Ozone Air Purifiers
What is ozone technology and its use in Air Purfier?
The ozone air purifier generates ozone gas. The ozone gas is formed by adding an extra molecule of oxygen to the two existing molecules and making it O3. This is done through an ionization process and the result is called activated oxygen.
How does ozone technology work in an air purifier?
The air purifier acts as an ozone generator and emits ozone gas into the room. This is done in a very small proportion and within the regulatory limits. This ozone gas effectively kills harmful microorganisms in the air. The ozone changes the chemical composition of the odors and in turn leaves the room with a fresh fragrance. The air particles are charged with positive and negative ions. This helps to gather the dust and other impurities which are then filtered out by the air purifier.
Ivation 5-in-1 Ozone Air Purifiers & Ozone Generator For Up to 3,500 Sq/Ft, Ionizer & Deodorizer – Included 2 UV Lights, Photo-Catalytic and Carbon Filters, Eliminates Odors from Pets, Smoke, Food & More
- PORTABLE HOME DEODORIZING MACHINE | All-in-One Air Purifiier, Ionizer & UV Sanitizing System Eliminates Odors in Large Rooms Up to 3,500 Square Feet | Emits 500 mg of Ozone Per Hour for Powerfully Clean, Breathable Results | Designed for Home, Office, Business, RV, Laundry Room, Bathroom, Basement, Pet Areas, Etc.
- PURIFYING FAN WITH MULTI-LEVEL FILTRATION | Unit Can Be Used Without Ozone, Enabling Occupants to Stay Safely in the Room As the Built-In Fan Passes Pollutants Through  Highly Effective Filters | Photo-Catalytic Filter [with UV Lamps] Kills Bacteria, Activated Carbon Filter Purges Bad Smells & Pre-Filter Helps Capture Dust
- OPTIONAL IONIZER W/ Ozone Air Purifiers | A Built-In Needle-Point Ionizer Releases Activated Oxygen & Negative Ions Into the Room, Helping to Freshen Air & Eliminate Harmful Airborne Particles | Experience a Naturally Clean, Mood- Boosting Sensation—Like After a Thunderstorm | Choose From 4 Purification Levels
- INTEGRATED TIMER WITH AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF | Treat Your Space Without Worry! | Depending on the Size of Your Room & its Purification Needs, Set the Timer to Automatically Turn Off After 1, 2, 4 or 6 Hours | NOTE: Ionizer Should Never Be Used While Adults, Kids or Pets Are Present— Run This Setting in Unoccupied Spaces Only
- COMPACT DESIGN FOR STRESS-FREE TRAVEL | Be Free to Move Your Ozone Air Purifiers From Room to Room, Home to Work, or Wherever You Go! | Slim Styling Allows for Easy Carrying & Discreet Operation on a Coffee Table or Counter | Perfect for Targeting Odors/Particles Caused by Cigarettes, Dogs, Cats, Fumes, Mold, Pollen & More
Features of using ozone air purifiers
One of the most popular benefits of the ozone based air purifier is its ability to remove odors. Most closed environments suffer with the problem of stale air and unpleasant odour. When selecting an air purifier for this kind of environment one needs to consider the essential features required.
Using the ozone based air purifier will help to keep the air in the room sanitized. It will give the room a fresh and clean feeling. Strong odors could result from cooking or the smell of a strong medicine. Chemicals, especially cleaning agents also have a strong odor that makes the room smell unpleasant. In any of these situations or for any other source of strong odor the most effective remedy is an ozone based air purifier. Most of the other technology air purifiers are ineffective when it comes to removing foul odor from a room.
The activated oxygen is also very effective for cleaning out harmful microorganisms. Our air is filled with microorganisms like virus, bacteria, fungus and many others. Most of these microorganisms are harmful and when inhaled can cause respiratory and other dangerous illnesses. The activated oxygen oxidizes these microorganisms and breaks them down into inactive cells. Pollen and other allergens aggravate asthma and other allergies. The ozone air purifier effectively oxidizes these particles and renders them harmless.
Enclosed environments with less air ventilation tend to suffer from the build-up of mildew. Dampness is the leading cause for mould and mildew and is a common phenomenon in closed air conditioned rooms. The Ozone air purifier is the perfect solution to eliminate mould and mildew. Not only does mildew have a foul odor but it is also grounds for causing many health related problems.
The ozone based air purifier is the best remedy for removing smoke. Cigarette smoke is not only harmful but also has a strong odor. Areas that permit smoking can employ the use of ozone air purifiers. This will keep the air sanitized and fresh.
Other Technologies for Ozone air purifier
An ozone based air purifier that has an ion generator and a HEPA filter may be a good choice for cleaning the air. The HEPA filter is a high efficiency particulate air filter which is powerful for removing even tiny particles of pollutants. Ion generator helps to charge the particles which attract dust and other pollutants that come together. An air purifier with a fan is more beneficial when it comes to quicker air purification. The only downside with the air purifier fan is that it can be quite noisy. Some people prefer the air purifier without a fan. It does the same job at a slightly slower pace.
Now for the downside! Please be very careful when buying Ozone based air purifiers. Large amounts of Ozone is Toxic in nature. Please use your discretion when buying ozone based Air Purifiers. If there is any doubt, it may be best to avoid ozone air purifiers for rooms inhabited by living beings. It may be okay to use these air purifiers in empty and vacant rooms.