Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier
The Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier is one of the only air purifiers on the market under $200 that can purify rooms up to 390 square feet.
From a cost perspective, the Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier is the best air purifier for small to medium-sized rooms as it represents some of the best values having a low cost: area purified ratio,
And is covered by a 5-year limited warranty in case of any problems. Despite its lower price relative to other air purifiers with similar coverage, the Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier features all the functionalities you would expect from any leading air purifier, the only difference being in price.
The Honeywell 50250 boasts a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of a very impressive 250 which allows it to compete with more expensive, high-volume home air purifiers.
The Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier has the following features:
- True HEPA glass fiber filter
- CADR: 250
- Carbon pre-filter for removal of bad smells
- Indicator lights for quick alert filter change
- Triple filtration speeds for easy customization
- Full digital controls
If your main priority is value, that is, getting the absolute best air purifier that actually works for the lowest possible cost, the Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier is probably your best bet.
The good thing about the Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier is that it is made by a respected brand, kind of a specialist in the field of air purifiers these days,
Not to mention the fact that in spite of the price, the Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier can filter some pretty spacious rooms, up to 400 square feet.
And that is where the main selling point of the Honeywell 50250 comes over others, even the (marginally superior) Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K .
The Honeywell 50250 can handle a lot more air volume than similarly priced air purifiers, even from the same Honeywell brand.
As one of the most helpful reviews on Amazon bears its title, “Best Value Purifier”, I would be inclined to agree.
Aside from the good value, let’s now get into the specifics. What is making the people who own the Honeywell 50250 so positive about it? First of all, for its size, people seem to be impressed by the power of the unit.
With a CADR value of 250, this little thing really does pack one heck of a punch. Second, maintenance is something that consumers are either going to be very impressed with or, alas, very annoyed by.
Fortunately, the Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier reviews are once again positive about the relative lack of maintenance for the unit.
The glass fiber HEPA filter, for example, the main component of the purification system, does not need to be replaced, ever.
As for the other parts, if any replacements do occasionally have to be sourced, carbon pre-filters for example,
The Honeywell 50250 is so popular and the Honeywell brand so specialized in air purification units that such parts are very easy to find and very cheap.
Third, a nice little feature that many would overlook particularly those who have not before owned an air purifier, is the 360 in and output of air, so that there isn’t a lone gust in one single direction. Finally,
The Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier reviews on Amazon indicate that customers have had good experiences with the Honeywell customer support, and this is vital given that you have a 5-year limited warranty and will possibly need their help at some point in the future.
Seeing as there are over 300 total Honeywell 50250 Air Purifier ratings, there are bound to be some negative aspects raised by the current owners of the unit.
The main negative I am reading most often is the sound levels. You would think for such a modest-sized air purifier it would be reasonably quiet, but the 250 CADR power seems to shine through, for better or worse.
Nonetheless, the sound isn’t so bad – it’s not the terribly bothersome rattle and buzz of a loud washing machine, it’s more like a swift breeze.
Other customers are complaining about how the Honeywell 50250 looks. I cannot refute this: it doesn’t exactly look pretty, but then again what air purifier does? Finally, your electricity bill is something that you will have to monitor:
At its highest fan speed, the Honeywell 50250 consumes 170 W. At this highest fan speed, the Honeywell 50250 will cost $150 per year if you run it 24/7, though at its lowest fan speed it will cost less than $50 which is not bad at all.
Moral of the story: Ask hospitals, operating rooms, and top corporate offices – the best air purifier system doesn’t come cheap, whoever you are.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||18 x 18 x 19 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||21 Pounds|
- LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Help make the air in your home cleaner with the Honeywell 50250-S HEPA Air Purifier. Recommended for large & extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), it helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.*
- HELPS REMOVE MICROSCOPIC PARTICLES AND MORE – This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels. It can help remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, and smoke*. It can also help reduce certain bacteria, mold spores, and viruses***.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION –Honeywell Air Purifier for home filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easily knowing the air in your home is cleaner and has fewer allergens.
- #1 BRAND RECOMMENDED BY ALLERGISTS** – Honeywell Air Purifier, The Doctor’s Choice, is the #1 brand recommended by allergists. Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiers are a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – For best performance, use only genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.