Molds and mildew – YUCK! You sure don’t want to live with them. And you definitely don’t want your family, especially your kids touching them. Keeping them around your house is a surefire way to get sick. True, you can TEMPORARILY get rid of them with the good and old bathroom cleaner…BUT that’s about it. They are temporary.
Table of Contents
So how do you get rid of them for GOOD? Simple, get to the source and eliminate what feeds them. That’s a surefire way to kill them. So how do you get the job done? Grab the best air purifiers that have been designed from top to bottom to eliminate molds and mildew. Here they are:
#1: IQAir HealthPro Compact Air Purifier – HEPA Air Cleaner
IQAir HealthPro Compact Air Purifier HEPA Air Cleaner – this air purifier comes with the same ULTRA High Performance Particle Control in a more compact and portable design. This model from IQAir comes with the same advanced micro and nano-particle filter technologies like its bigger brothers – the Health PRO and Health PRO Plus. The only difference is that it has been made smaller to take up less space and make it more suitable for smaller apartments and offices.
Along with that, you can easily upgrade it to the Health Pro Plus to include V-5 Cell Gas and odor filter. It removes the most common allergens, dust, and micro organisms like molds and its cousins.
Without a doubt, the IQAir HealthPro Compact Air Purifier HEPA Air Cleaner is ideal NOT just for allergy sufferers and health conscious people. It’s also suitable for those who want to get rid of those micro organisms that live in those dark and hard to reach areas of your home.
The IQAir HealthPro Compact Air Purifier HEPA Air Cleaner comes with enough air purifying and cleaning power to clean up an apartment that is up to 900 square feet. And here’s another thing to note: most of the air purifiers out there can filter larger particles (0.3 microns in size and more). BUT guess what: 90 percent of the ultra fine particles are smaller than that.
BUT don’t worry, the Health Pro Compact is built to get rid of those particles smaller than 0.3 microns.
– Uses H12/13 class certified HEPA filter, which is usually used in multi-million dollar clean rooms.
– Built and proven to remove particles down to 0.01 microns with close to 99% efficiency.
– Digital Controls: comes with an integrated timer, remote control, filter life indicator, and 6 fan speeds.
– The IQAir HealthPro Compact Air Purifier HEPA Air Cleaner has a 1000 sq. ft coverage (based on maximum fan speed and an 8.5 ft ceiling).
#2: Airfree Onix 3000 Mobile Home Air Purifier Sanitizer Unit System
The Airfree Onix 3000 Mobile Home Air Purifier Sanitizer Unit System – it’s one of the most tried and tested air purifiers in the market. Air Free’s exclusive and patented Thermodynamic Sterilizing System (which is also known as TSS) technology has been tested independently in real life working environments by world known institutions as well as ISO 17025 laboratories.
Moreover, it’s been tested in 6 different countries like the USA, Sweden, Germany, and many more. The results of the test? Here’s what: the tests have proven that Airfree Onix 3000 Mobile Home Air Purifier Sanitizer Unit System destroys well over 99.99 percent of micro organisms that pass through its TSS technology. It doesn’t matter how small or hazardous they are.
More importantly, the unit doesn’t emit any ozone, which is a known asthma trigger by the EPA. NO ions, NO UV Light and NO ozone – none whatsoever. It’s effective and it’s safe. What more can you ask for? Matter of fact, in another independent test in Sweden, the Airfree Onix 3000 Mobile Home Air Purifier Sanitizer Unit System has been proven to reduce ozone by 26 percent.
– Coverage and capacity of 650 sq. feet.
– Noise Level: COMPLETELY silent.
– Dimensions: Height 10.4 in (26.5 cm) and Diameter 8.4 in (21.5) cm.
– Electric consumption: 52 Watts – Voltage: 110 – 127V
#3: AirFree Platinum 2000 Air Sterilizer and Purifier Air Filter
AirFree Platinum 2000 Air Sterilizer and Purifier Air Filter – whether you are allergic, an asthma sufferer, or someone who wants to fix mold problems in your home, you will LOVE this air purifier from Air Free.
So how does this air purifier get the job done? How come it does MORE than what other air purifiers do? Simple – the filter it has uses heated air to eradicate airborne mold, bacteria, dust mites, pollens, and other small particles (unseen by the eye) that can harm your family. What’s MORE, using this air purifier is TOTALLY safe. It doesn’t elevate ozone which is very harmful…something that you can’t claim with ionic units.
Just in case you don’t know, ozone is harmful. According to the EPA, it is a serious respiratory irritant and an asthma trigger.
Since there are no filters to replace and clean, the AirFree Platinum 2000 Air Sterilizer and Purifier Air Filter pulls air into the internal chamber (which is heated up to 400 degrees F) to silently BUT efficiently destroy all of those airborne particles and micro organisms that can harm you kids like mold, virus, pet dander, pollen, and more. And get this: it covers up to 450 sq. feet.
Oh! Before I forget, despite using heated water to eliminate the harmful micro organisms, it doesn’t change room temperature.
Air Purification Tip: For you get the most out of the AirFree Platinum 2000 Air Sterilizer and Purifier Air Filter and get the highest level of purification, it is highly recommended that you use it 24 hours a day…day in and day out. Worry not, it draws less power than the regular 60 watt light bulb.
– 99.99 percent Efficiency: independently tried and TESTED!
– Comes with the Exclusive TSS (Reserved) ozone free Technology.
– Destroys indoor ozone
– No need for maintenance and noiseless.
– No need for extra expenses.
– Comes with an Exclusive Adjustable Anti Stress Blue Light.
– Specializes in eliminating mold, bacteria, virus and allergens
#4: Alen A350 Air Purifier
When it comes to affordability and performance, man y reviewers out there has rated Alen A350 Air Purifier to be one of the best and it’s NOT surprising why. Whether you are planning to use it for your bedroom, living room, or office, it’s MORE than up to the task. More importantly, it passes the strict guidelines of Energy Star and has its rating.
It’s NOT just efficient, BUT it’s quiet too! The Alen A350 Air Purifier is powerful enough to clean rooms that are 800 square feet. HOWEVER, as a tip, people suffering from allergies would want one unit for every 400 sq. feet to achieve 4 air changes per hour. Along with that, they are supported by one of the best warranty programs you can find for air purifiers in the market.
And here’s the really EXCITING part: Alen A350 Air Purifier costs way lower than models that do the same! All you have to do is mount it on the wall and that’s it. It’s easy to maintain and with replacement filters included in the package, you are guaranteed that you won’t drain your pocket. These are just some the things why Alen A350 Air Purifier is VERY popular.
– Comes with an all-in-one Pre-filter and HEPA Filter which makes changing filters VERY easy.
– It has been Rated Best Value Air Purifier on Market. HEPA Filter
– Boasts an efficiency of 99.97%.
– Showcases 4-speed settings as well as a 12 hour timer
– Safe from ozone…no harmful emissions whatsoever.
– Comes with a digital display that is VERY simple and intuitive to use.
– Can cover a room that is 800 sq. feet. Use it on 400 sq. feet rooms to maximum benefit.
#5: Alen A375 UV Ultra HEPA Air Purifier
If you have been searching high low for an air purifier – one that is decent at removing allergens, molds, and other micro organisms from the air, then you should check out the Alen A375 UV Ultra HEPA Air Purifier.
If you have been disappointed by air purifiers that were designed by people who have no good designing taste and with prices that are way out of reach, you will LOVE this air purifier from Alen. Let’s take a closer look at this unit:
– The looks department: this unit is MORE than acceptable.
– As for the noise level, again the Alen A375 UV Ultra HEPA Air Purifier is more than acceptable especially when you switch it to low speed when you are sleeping.
– As for the controls and adjustment, it’s so EASY! My wife never had a problem working with it.
– The glowing UV light is almost impossible to see, which is a PLUS in the safety and health department.
?Does it work?
ABSOLUTELY! It took me about 8 weeks or so of running it 24 hours and 7 days a week. BUT it’s all worth it. Before you know it, you are NOT sneezing anymore and the signs of mold infestation are gone without a trace. That’s coming from someone who has a weak respiratory system.
Given the chance to buy another one, I definitely will! Now, I don’t believe in 5 star ratings. Nothing is perfect and nothing should be rated 5 stars. BUT this one gets a whopping 4.80 rating from me.