Air Purifier for Home Use Can Protect Your Family from Harmful Substances in the Air
Air pollution is worsen everyday. With increasing production of fumes from automobiles, industrial plants and burning of wastes in rural area, the number of people suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases are multiplying rapidly. The number of children suffering from childhood asthma and allergen related breathing problems are on the rise. New variants of harmful virus like H1N1 (Swine Flu) has been discovered and these airborne viruses can be deadly if proper precaution has not been taken.
Fortunately, our body defenses against harmful substances from air are quite effective. Our natural filter in our nostril, mucus producing lining along our air pipe and our antibody producing lymphatic system all play an important role in maintaining our good health. However, we still can fall sick if the pollutants in air are in high concentration or our body defense are not at its most effective level due to tiredness or stress.
Air purifiers can reduce the amount of harmful substances in the air and protect you and your family at home from unnecessary illnesses.
Air purifiers uses different type of technologies and mediums to purifier air and deliver clean air to users. There types of technologies includes HEPA, electronic, UltraViolet light, ionic breeze and chemical adsorption mediums. Some of the air purifier technologies has been proven to be more effective and efficient than the others, and some may be harmful to the user to certain extend. All types of air purifiers are designed to remove specific type of particles and odors in certain ways. Choosing the best air purifiers for home used is critical to ensure the safety of you and your beloved family.
High Efficiency Particulate Air filter (HEPA), is one of the most popular technologies use in air purifiers. HEPA filter enable the air purifiers to absorb 99.7% of particles that are larger than 0.03 microns in size. As most of the harmful particles like chemical fumes, bacteria, dust particles and pollens are larger than 0.03 microns, they will be trapped and absorbed by the HEPA filter and make the filtered air cleaner and safer to breathe in.
Activated Carbon is a great media for absorbing chemical pollutants in an air purifiers.These air purifiers for home are particularly helpful to people suffering from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS), because they absorb formaldehyde which is present in carpet, wood paneling, and furniture upholstery. Perfumes and household cleaning chemicals are also removed, making the environment safer especially asthma sufferers, babies, children, and the elderly.
Air purifiers using electronic technology are very effective in cleaning particles,dust and fumes in the air. It makes use of electronic charge to attract particles in air to collection plates and remove them from the air. It is proven to be 95% effective and can absorb most particles from the air. Electronic air purifiers require low maintenance and cleaning of collection plates are required to maintain optimal efficiency.
Ultraviolet light is used in air purifiers to kill microorganisms such as viruses and bacteria. This technology is usually used as an adjunct to HEPA and activated carbon air purifiers, most commonly at final stage. Ultra violet light has a shorter wavelength than violet light which has the shortest wavelength in the visible spectrum. Thus UV is invisible to the human eye. Ultra violet light is effective in killing organisms such as bacteria by disturbing the DNA of the organism at a molecular level. To maintain its effectiveness, frequent maintenance of ultra violet bulb is critical.
Cleanroom technology is the ISO international standard of indoor purification. This technology is commonly found in high-tech industries like semi-conductors and fabrication of hard disc etc. Cleanroom technology make use of HEPA filter with the addition of consistent positive pressure indoor to prevent entry of contaminants from outside.
PARTU HEPA Air Purifier – Smoke Air Purifiers for Home with Fragrance Sponge – 100% Ozone Free, Lock Set, Eliminates Smoke, Dust, Pollen, Pet Dander, (Available for California)
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||7.5 x 7.5 x 13.8 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Floor Area||107 Square Feet|
- ★100% OZONE FREE: CARB, ETL&FCC-Approved.
- 【Efficient Three-Stage Filtration System】 PARTU HEPA Air Purifier features a three-stage filtration system. This comprises a pre-filter, a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter, powerful enough to captures up dust, pollen, smoke, odor, pet dander, filters particles as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution of PM 2.5.
- 【Air Purifier With Fragrance Sponge】Add a drop of essential oil (Not Included) and some water into sponge below the purifier air outlet, then fragrance will flow with air movements. (Such as Citrus, Honeydew Melon, Musk, Vanilla, Orris or Vetiver)
- 【Lock Set】It’s efficient to avoid error operation caused by pet or child’s during their curiosity. (Keep pressing the Lock button for 3 seconds to start avoiding touching mode.) Three fan settings let you control the speed and volume of the Air purifier.
- 【Black Case And Sleek Design】Compact enough to fit on your desk. Effective area 107sq.ft/ 10m² (bedroom/ office). Noise Level :38-59 dB. 12 Watts; 0.8 A; Better suited to small rooms than large homes. (A voltage converter is needed if you want to use this air purifier beyond the US.)