Affordable Air Purifier For Home and Office
The best air purifier for your home is one that will maintain the health and safety of your home environment. This website will show you the top air purifier reviews so you can make an informed decision for yourself which one is the best for you.
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best air purifier and we’ll have a look at the most important features of a good air purifier such as type of filter, cost of filter replacements, coverage and warranty. Certain brands also tend to outperform others.
Why You Need An Air Purifier In Your Home
The best air purifiers clean the air and make your home a healthier place to live. Considering how much time we spend in our home, sleeping, eating and sometimes working it’s crucial that we are breathing the best air possible otherwise we may have to deal with potential health problems. Most people pay for the wrong air purifier and there’s a few things you need to bear in mind before investing in an air purifier. Before we get to the air purifier reviews have a look at these five tips to make sure you pick the best air purifier for your home.
1) Firstly, watch out for expensive air filters. many companies well sell you cheap air purifiers in order to lock you in to their brand and then sell you expensive air purifier filters later down the track. It’s a little like buying a printer. Often the initial purchase is quite cheap but the ink is the most expensive part. Air purifiers are the same. Some air purifiers can be purchased very cheaply but cost a fortune in filters. Try to find an air purifier with filters under $60 or $70. In our best air purifier reviews we’ll also let you know what it costs for replacement filters.
2) Stay away from washable filters. These may sound like a good idea at the time and they will remove some pollution from the air but washable filters are not so good at removing dust, pollen and allergens from the air. To effectively remove dust and pollen from the air you must have a HEPA filter. When buying an air purifier make sure you purchase one with a HEPA filter.
3) Check the warranty. When looking through the air purifier reviews in order to find the best air purifier check to see how long the warranty is for. A good air purifier will have a warranty of 5 years or more. Cheaper brands that are likely to break down in a few years may only have a one or three year warranty. Quite often cheaper air purifiers will have a weak fan motor that is susceptible to breaking down within 5 years. Look for air purifiers with a 5-year warrant on the motor.
4) Stay away from cheap store bought brands. Quite often the local stores sell the cheapest brands in order to make sales. They compromise on quality because they need a to add a big markup to make a profit.
5) Look at the coverage. Most air purifiers have a coverage of around 400 sq. ft. If you’re air purifier is only going to be used in a small room then it may be OK but just remember the fast the air purifier can cycle through your air the cleaner it will be. This is especially true if you have pets and need to removed pet dander from the air as well.
Air Purifier Reviews – Top Brands
Some of the top brands of air purifiers are the Honeywell, Holmes, Oreck, Hunter, Whirlpool and Germ Guardian. The two best selling models on the market right now are the Honeywell 50250 Pure HEPA air purifier and the Germ Guardian 3-1 AC4825 air purifier.
The Honeywell 50250 is considered by many as the best air purifier. It’s a round air purifier that comes with a HEPA filter, removing 99.7% of airborne pollutants, and a carbon pre-filter. This purifier has a round shape that pulls in air from 360 degrees around it. Floor coverage is only 390 sq. ft. so it is a little small. Some people use a couple of these purifiers for their home. It’s nice to know that it also comes with a 5-year warranty.
The Germ Guardian 3-in-1 AC4825 is called a 3-in-1 air purifier because it incorporates 3 technologies, HEPA, a UV-C light and Odor Reduction. The HEPA filter itself removes most of the dust, pollen and other pollutants from the air.
The UV-C light helps to kill of bacteria, mold spores and other viruses that me be present in the room. The Odor Reduction uses a carbon filter that helps to remove the smells from pets, smoking and cooking from the air. You can currently buy air filter replacements for the Germ Guardian for around $30.
While these two may be some of the best air purifiers available there are dozens of good choices depending on your room size and needs. What’s important is to make sure that the filtration is top notch, that it comes with a long warranty which includes the motor, that the air filters are not too expensive and that the air purifier is powerful enough to cover your entire room or house.
Another very popular brand of air purifier is the Holmes air purifier. Once again there’s a range of models to choose from including everything from the small Desktop Air Purifier HAP242-UC, to the Holmes Tower Air Purifiers. What I like about the Holmes brand is that their replacement filters are generally quite cheap. In fact you might be able to grab a Holmes filter for little more than $10.
The most popular Holmes air purifier is the HEPA Type Desktop Air Purifier. This purifier is the number 1 best seller in the electrostatic air purifiers category. It uses a HEPA filter and a carbon filter to trap up to 99% of airborne pollution.
It’s suited only for small rooms and fits perfectly on a desktop. Due to its small size it’s recommended for rooms up to 109 sq. ft or 10 feet by 11 feet wide. This Holmes purifier should clean the air well and make the air much clearer.
Although not as popular as Germ Guardian or Honeywell, Oreck also produce a range of air purifiers. Some of the most well known are the Oreck Pro Shield Plus Air Purifier, Oreck Air Purifier Tabletop XL Professional and the Oreck RAIRP-B Professional. These purifiers are a little more expensive then the other brands and it’s debatable whether they make up for it in quality.
The highest rated Oreck air cleaner is the Oreck RAIRP-B. This purifier has a near perfect 4.8 out of 5 star rating. It uses a six stage filtration system to clean the air of impurities and it operates quietly. A soft blue light lets you know everything is working fine.
It turns red when the filter needs to be cleaned. One unique feature of this purifier is the scented tray. If you wish you can add a scented cartridge to the tray and these can be purchased directly from Oreck. Some customers have added a drop of essential oil to the cleaning pad and it seems to work just as well.
Make sure you check back here for more air purifier reviews as we continue our search for the best air purifier. We’ll be updating the content regularly based on user feedback and as new models become available.