A Comprehensive Guide To Air Purifiers For Allergies
If you are one of the countless people who suffer from airborne allergies, you may have considered getting an air purifier. There is much information on this subject that should be considered before heading out and making a purchase. Here is an in-depth guide that will tell you everything you need to know.
Dust Removal – It is common for homes to accumulate dust, even if you clean regularly. While this is no big deal for those who do not have allergies to dust mites, it can be quite hellish for those who do. Getting the best air purifier for dust will remove more than 99% of these particles from the air, which means that it will be cleaner than ever and you will be able to breathe easy without any issues.
Smoke Removal – There are many people out there who are allergic to smoke from cigarettes and other tobacco products. While some people are more than willing to step outside in order to get their fix, smoke particles in the air can wreak havoc on an allergy sufferers respiratory system. Buying a room air purifier means that all of the invisible smoke will be removed and the air will be cleaner than ever.
Decreased Illnesses – Getting sick from breathing in bacteria, viruses and other impurities in the air is a common problem for many. If you live in a home with others, it is hard not to become the victim of all that ails them. Since most viruses and bacteria hang out in the air waiting for a place to settle, you can certainly end up with more than you bargained for. A purifier not only removes known allergens, but other impurities as well.
There is nothing worse than air particulates making you a victim in your own space. If you are looking to reap any of the benefits that were pointed out here, you should certainly add an air purifier to your shopping list.
Now that you have made the decision to get an air purifier, you have to figure out the best way to go about the buying process. Since this is not a common purchase for many, it is easy to make errors along the way. Remember all of the following tips if you want to ensure you end up with the best home air purifier.
Consider The Type – If you live in a home that has a forced heating and cooling system, you can get away with buying filters that will help purify the air, this is a cheap alternative to buying an entire unit. While this is a less expensive option, you will have to do more maintenance since they must be replaced every few months. When making a purchase you have to decide whether saving money or time is more important to you.
Energy Star – You should try your best to find a unit that has an Energy Star label. These are created for the sole purpose of using less energy than you typically would when using common appliances. Buying one of these will save energy and money in the long run, so don’t run away when you see that the initial cost may be higher than other units without this certification.
Fans – People often try to buy units that do not have fans since they run more quietly and reduce nuisances, especially for those who have trouble sleeping when it is not totally serene. Keep in mind that those without fans do not perform as well as those with them. This trade off is one that is certainly not worth it.
Washable Filters – If you are worried about spending too much to maintain your purifier, you should buy a unit that has washable filters. Many consumers balk at the idea of spending too much annually on home air filters. Buying those that use washable ones can help you keep more of your money in your pocket.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Purchase
Once you have purchased an air purifier for allergies and you have it in your home, you want to get the most from your purchase. Here are a few pointers that will help you accomplish this goal:
– Always place your air purifier away from the wall. You cannot expect a unit to help you breathe better if it is placed in a very restricted place. At minimum, all sides of the unit should be a few feet away from any walls or other obstructions.
– Change the filters on your unit regularly. If you have washable ones, they should be cleaned once every week or two. If you have HEPA filters, those only have to be changed once or twice yearly. Avoid delays since this will give allergens a chance to hang out longer and create chaos with your respiratory system.
– Leave your unit on as much as possible. Some people turn them off when leaving the home, but it is best to have them running all of the time. This will ensure that you are always breathing in the freshest air possible.
There are more tips that can be used to glean the most benefits from the unit your purchase. With that said, those highlighted here are the most important. Follow this advice if you want to be assured satisfaction from your purchase.
Whether you or one of your loved ones are prone to allergies, buying an air purifier would be a wise choice. There are many respiratory ailments, including asthma and bronchitis that can be greatly improved through the use of a purification system. Now that you are aware of what advantages you will reap, how to buy a unit and how to get the most out of it, you are ready to get out there and start shopping.
AIPER Air Purifier for Home with H13 True HEPA Filter- A Higher Grade of HEPA, Air Cleaner for Smokers, Allergens, Pets, Hair, Pollen, Dust, Odors, Ideal for Large Room Up to 500sq/ft
|Floor Area||322 Square Feet|
- 【Powerful & Rapid Purification 】 This air purifier covers up an average to large living room of 500sq/ft(46㎡). CADR Rated 220 m³/h, quickly purifier your air in 20 minutes. Perfect for living room, basement, bedroom, kitchen, office etc. Ideal for pet owners, children, elderly, and people who want to improve air quality.
- 【H13 Higher Grade of HEPA Filter】Combining H13 HEPA high-efficiency filter layer and activated carbon layer can improve purification efficiency and purify air more effectively, tackles 99. 98% of airborne particles as small as 0. 3 μm. Absorbs cooking odors, household odors, smoke with ease.
- 【Super Quiet Environment】With a noise level of 30 dB for a restful and smoothing indoor environment, you can leave this air cleaner running by setting working time for 1, 2, 4, 8 hours at night without disturbing noise, helping you sleep deeply.
- 【Safe And Reliable】 2-year warranty plus lifetime US based customer support. The large room air purifier has undergone rigorous quality testing and meets stringent requirements. Have FCC certification, ETL certification and CARB certification. Built-in child safety lock, do not worry about the child’s curiosity operation. Allows all your families members to breathe pure air and live happily.
- 【Easy to Change Filters】: Filter change indicator remind you of changing filters in time. The filters can be changed easily and it is recommended to be replaced every 6 months . It also may need to be replaced sooner or later depending on the frequency of use and the air quality in your area. Tips: please remove the plastic bag of the filter before the first use.